Would you have your fat FROZEN away? Bizarre-looking machine claims to kill fat cells through the skin – And it is safe.
· Cryolipolysis is marketed as a non-invasive alternative to liposuction
· It claims to use extremely low temperatures kill the fat cells - without damaging the skin above
· Dead cells are apparently then removed naturally through the liver
· Clinics claim results such as 50% of fat in the area being permanently destroyed in one session, with some clients seeing results within 48 hours.
· The freezing induced fat cell death of CoolSculpting induces the body's inflammatory response to metabolize the cells. This takes time. In addition, there is an increased collagen production in the subcutaneous layer that causes retraction (shrinkage) of these tissues after the fat cells go away. All of this starts to be seen around three to four months, but some see improvement already at one month.